There are many reasons your Rest+ may lose connectivity, but the most common ones include:
- Your WiFi router is down or intermittently goes down
- You change your Wi-Fi network password
- Your Rest+ becomes unplugged and runs out of battery
In most cases, even if your Rest+ is offline but plugged in, your programs will still run and you’ll be able to control your Rest+ using the touch ring or buttons.
Before you begin troubleshooting, you should have physical access to your Rest+ and have your Wi-Fi name and password handy. When troubleshooting connection issues, do NOT de-register your Rest+. It may lead to other issues down the road.
Reconnecting your Rest+ to Wi-Fi
Follow these steps to help get your Rest+ reconnected:
- Make sure your home Wi-Fi is working
- Since your Rest+ uses your home Wi-Fi network, check that you can get online with another device in your home. If you’re using a cell phone, make sure you don’t use cellular data to test your connection. To help make sure you’re not using cellular data, turn on Airplane mode and then turn on Wi-Fi.
- If you can’t connect, try using a different device, or any other smart home devices, to double-check. If you can’t connect with any device, contact your internet service provider to check the service status in your area.
- Check your Hatch Baby Rest app version
- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Hatch Baby Rest app on your phone or tablet. You can download it for free from the Apple App Store. To make sure you have the newest version, visit the app store and look for an Update button.
- Make sure to update your firmware if given the option
- When you get a notification to upgrade firmware, accept it to be on the most up to date version.
- Make sure Rest+ is plugged in. (The Rest+ will appear as offline if it has run out battery.)
- Reset your Rest+.
- Turn the Rest+ off (press the brightness down and volume down buttons for 10 seconds until the clock turns off). Then, insert the end of a paper clip or pin to the button by the power cord port with an “R” on it. It is on the left side of the power cord port. Be sure that you feel a button depress when you press this, if you do not, then you might be pressing the microphone which is slightly above and to the right of the power cord port. Turn your Rest+ back on by pressing the two outside buttons on the Rest+ (volume down and brightness down) for two seconds. You might have to reconnect your Rest+ after this step.
- Restart your router
- To restart your router, you should follow the router manufacturer's instructions.
- Note: Every router is different. You may need to consult your router’s user manual for specific instructions on how to restart your router.
- Restarting your router will reset your internet connection. You should also restart any Wi-Fi range extenders or repeaters.
- Reset the network settings for your Rest+
- In the Rest app, go to the settings page and select your Rest+ to go to the device settings page.
- On the device settings page, tap Update Wi-Fi and go through the steps to try re-connecting to your Wi-Fi network.
- Incompatible settings on your home Wi-Fi router or access point can cause your Rest+ to disconnect or show offline in the Hatch Baby Rest app. Make sure that Wifi is available at 2.4GHz your network.
- High firewall security or parental controls can block communication with Hatch Baby servers.
- Refer to your Wi-Fi router/access point documentation to see how you can exempt your Rest+ from these restrictions.
Still can’t connect? Let us help you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org