If you're having trouble registering your Rest+ don't worry, we're here to help! To start, check the settings on your Wi-Fi router or access point
- Incompatible settings on your home Wi-Fi router or access point can stop you from registering or updating the Wi-Fi on the Hatch Rest app. Make sure that Wifi is available at 2.4GHz on your network (Rest+ does not support 5GHz-only connections).
- Rest+ does not support network names or passwords that contain the special characters /, \, or ". If your network name or password includes one of those characters, you will need to connect to a different network or change your Wi-Fi name or password to remove the unsupported character.
Here are a few more tips that may help!
- Keep your device as close to your router as possible during the registration process.
- Double-check your WiFi password and make sure it is correct! Be sure you're manually typing the password in and not copying and pasting it from another source.
- Check and see if you are trying to connect to a Captive Portal Network. They are typically found at hotels, universities, and even some apartments. They will require you to enter in the MAC address of the device before connecting. They are unfortunately not compatible with our devices but you can still use your device by setting up a mobile hotspot with your phone. You check out more information on how to do that by clicking the link here
Why does my new Hatch product say I need to request access?
Is your brand new Hatch product saying your need to request access in order to begin using it? We'd be happy to take a look into this together!
- All retailers are strictly instructed to not resell returned products of ours as we cannot guarantee them after they have been used by other customers - If this is a recent new purchase from an authorized retailer, you may consider returning or exchanging with them for the fastest resolution.
- If you purchased from Hatch.co directly, please reach out as soon as possible so that we may get this quickly resolved.
- Should this be a second-hand device, please let us know and we'll see our options to have the registration transferred. (As a reminder, the Hatch warranty only applies to the original owner)
Still need help? Head to the top menu to send us a message!