Having trouble upgrading your Rest+'s firmware? Try the following:
- Ensure the Rest app is not running in the background (open recent apps and swipe to force close it).
- Restart your phone. A restart fixes simple errors and helps your phone start fresh.
- Toggle your WiFi off and on.
- Open your Rest app.
- Follow the prompts to upgrade the firmware.
Once your Firmware upgrade has started, do not close the app. Stay close to your Rest+ until the firmware update is complete. Be patient, as it can take several minutes to complete.
If the above doesn't work, try the above again and before step 4 (opening your app), try resetting your Rest+ by completing the following:
- Insert a paperclip into the hole marked "R" to the left of the power cord (the clock will turn off briefly)
- Be sure that you feel a button depress when you press this, if you do not, then you might be pressing the microphone which is slightly above and to the right of the power cord port.
- Wait one minute - in order for the reset to complete
- Open your app and connect your Rest+ and accept any updates
If your Rest+ firmware still won’t complete, try using another phone and/or tablet.
Still having trouble? Email us at email@example.com.