Having trouble connecting to your Rest Mini? Please check the following:
- Make sure your phone or tablet’s Bluetooth is enabled.
- Position yourself within Bluetooth range (approx. 30 feet from Rest Mini) and be aware that thick walls and doors can impede Bluetooth connection.
- Make sure you've pressed the pairing button on the bottom of Rest Mini until you see an orange pulsing light. This allows the Rest Mini to be accessible over Bluetooth.
- If you are an Android user, make sure you have 1) Location Services turned on and 2) Spotify is disabled. Find more information about disabling Spotify here.
- Check that no other smart device is already connected to Rest Mini. Rest Mini will only pair with one device at a time during set-up. (Once you've registered and are connected over Wi-Fi, multiple devices can connect to Rest Mini at the same time.)
Check the settings on your Wi-Fi router or access point
- Incompatible settings on your home Wi-Fi router or access point can stop you from registering or updating the Wi-Fi on the Hatch Rest app. Make sure that Wifi is available at 2.4GHz on your network (Rest Mini does not support 5GHz-only connections).
- Rest Mini does not support network names or passwords that contain the special characters /, \, or ". If your network name or password includes one of those characters, you will need to connect to a different network, or change your Wi-Fi name or password to remove the unsupported character.
Still need help? Head to the top menu to send us a message!