You have the power to make adjustments on the fly, right from your Rest 2nd Gen. Customizing light and sound has never been easier.
Using the buttons on your Rest
- Nightlight button – Press this button to turn on or off a preset nightlight. This is great for late night feedings & diaper changes, or slipping out of the room after sleepy story time. It's guaranteed to keep away the monsters under the bed.
- Brightness toggle – Press and hold up or down to adjust the brightness of the light or nightlight that is currently in use.
- Volume toggle – Click up or down to adjust the volume of the sound that is currently playing.
- Power Off button – Located on the bottom of your Rest, this button will completely shut off Rest, including the clock display. It does not turn Rest back on. See below for turning Rest on with the touch ring.
Please note: Any changes to brightness and volume made while playing a Routine, Favorite, Bedtime Favorite or nightlight will revert back to your preset customization the next time you use it. To fully edit these presets, you'll need to use the Hatch Sleep app. Check out our how to guide here.
Using the touch ring on your Rest
- To turn Rest On – Tap the metal touch ring on top of Rest. Turning Rest on with the touch ring starts the first Favorite in your Favorites queue – it's the first one on the Home Screen.
- To select a different Favorite – Tap the metal touch ring on top of Rest until you arrive at the Favorite of your choosing. Your touch ring Favorites will always cycle through in the same order, and will start again from the beginning if you go through them all. For more info on how you can edit your favorites and the order in which they cycle, click here.
- To turn Rest Off – Tap and hold the metal touch ring for about 3 seconds.