Your Rest (2nd Gen) will occasionally upgrade as Hatch releases improvements, features and new versions of firmware. These updates will make your experience using Rest (2nd Gen) even better.
Please Note: Updating your Rest's firmware will cause your Rest to restart, so we recommend only doing so if your Rest is not in active use -- we'd hate to accidentally wake a sleeping little one!
If your Hatch Sleep app is prompting you to update your device, that means that your Rest was not able to complete the upgrade itself. We're here to walk you through how to upgrade your firmware.
Having trouble upgrading your Rest (2nd Gen)'s firmware? Try the following:
- Ensure the Hatch Sleep app is not running in the background (open recent apps and swipe to force close it).
- Restart your phone. A restart fixes simple errors and helps your phone start fresh.
- Toggle your WiFi off and on.
- Open your Hatch Sleep app.
- Follow the prompts to upgrade the firmware.
Once your Firmware upgrade has started, do not close the app. Stay close to your Rest (2nd Gen) until the firmware update is complete. Be patient, as it can take several minutes to complete.
If the above doesn't work, please try this reset to give your Rest a jump start:
- Unplug your Rest (2nd Gen).
- Hold down the double arrow “connect button" on the bottom of your Rest.
- Plug your Rest back in and keep holding the "connect button" for 10 additional seconds.
- Release the connect button.
- Open your app and attempt to reconnect.
- Wait 10 minutes for the firmware to update.
If your Rest (2nd Gen) firmware upgrade still won’t complete, get in touch with us.
Hatch Support will do our best to get you on the latest version. Head to the top menu to send us a message!